Please see the email below sent to all club secretaries this morning 19/3/21. Until we hear from FAW who in turn are waiting on Welsh Gov regards the return to organized outdoor sports and the details that go with that, then we are unable to start. All clubs receive regular updates from FAW on this, the last was sent last Tuesday.
Following all the information received so far, junior leagues had to prepare the fixtures in readiness, hence them showing on the website. When we get the go-ahead from the FAW then we will adjust the dates accordingly and officially release the fixtures. Unfortunately, when keying to a website it is live, we can't hide it behind the scenes.
Can all managers please liaise with their club secretaries who are kept up to date with emails from FAW?
Email from NEWFA on 19th March
Sadly there is no information from Welsh Government on guidelines regards removal of stay local on 27th March.
I was involved in a meeting yesterday giving me an update. Please be assured FAW is pushing hard on this subject daily but without success. You may have seen Tier 2 has now postponed the league.
We continue to work hard to gain information but it’s likely to be next week before we hear anything.
As soon as we hear anything I will inform the Leagues who themselves have worked incredibly hard in making sure fixtures are worked out and ready to go.
Let’s hope the frustration we all share will have some positive news next week.
NEWFA General Secretary